Customer Service Representative
- Honolulu, HI - Honolulu, HI
- Full Time
Position Title: Customer Service Representative Salary Level: I
Department: Customer Service Date: May 2021
Reports To: Customer Service Team Leader Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose: Work closely and efficiently with our outside sales, the manufacturer's customer service department and distributors, handling all order related activity and problem solving. Expected to be knowledgeable about the assigned product lines, communicate on a timely basis and provide excellent customer service.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned)
1. Act as a liaison between customers/manufacturers and communicate all pertinent information to all concerned, including sales representatives.
2. Provide excellent customer service to our distributors, manufacturers and sales team.
3. Provide support to customers, sales team, manufacturers and other personnel by dealing with issues, concerning invoicing, credit, shipping, lead time, cuts or any other problem that might arise, in a timely manner, monitoring responses and following up accordingly.
4. Problem solving, assess and research any issues, gather proper documentation and act accordingly.
5. Adhere to and ensure all mfg lead times, minimums, pricing, and procedures are followed and met by distributors.
6. Work closely with Customer Service Support team to ensure all orders are placed properly by checking cases/lbs, pricing, pick-up or delivery and then place order into Gen Web upon day of receipt. Utilize EDI to efficiently transfer information (orders, inventories, pricing, invoicing, and promotions).
7. Follow up with the manufacturer's Customer Service contact when missing confirmations. Bring all price discrepancies to the attention of the appropriate CSM.
8. Provide information regarding pricing, product information, pick-up locations, contacts, holiday schedules and nutritional information to all customers, sales team and other personnel when needed.
9. Prepare the proper paperwork required for your line, credit applications, sample forms, return product, quality control, for customers and new manufacturers.
10. Ensure that all direct orders are entered into Genweb by the 10th of each month.
11. Enter and maintain all distributor codes in our system.
12. Maintain complete and accessible files necessary for the effective operation of your desk. Ensure all principle/customer procedures are documented and maintained in procedure/line books. This also includes keeping a current & accurate contact list for your buyers, name, email and phone numbers.
13. Ensure that Off Invoice promotions are entered on a timely basis.
14. Assisting Team Leaders when other csr are out of the office.
15. Assist Billback department, as requested, in clearing deductions.
16. Work in accordance with the Genwebrequest team to acquire all new item information to update and maintain system accuracy and to ensure all manufacturer communications are mailed to distributors in a timely manner and systems are updated accordingly.
17. Perform additional duties as required.
Basic Position Requirements:
Accuracy and attention to detail. Strong analytical, and organization skills.
Ability to multi-task and work in a multi-faceted fast paced environment and follow through. Maintain high level of professionalism and ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality. Strong customer service skills.
Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Deductive Reasoning -- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Information Ordering -- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Inductive Reasoning -- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Time Management – Effectively managing one's own time.
Stress Tolerance- Maintain effective performance under pressure or adversity.
Knowledge: Knowledge of computer software, experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, GenWeb & Outlook. Have the ability to work with numbers (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). High school graduate or equivalent.
Working Normal office conditions; highly concentrated mental and
Conditions: visual alertness. Major portion of day is spent sitting and talking. Frequent up/down motion to perform duties. Moderate to heavy typing, calculating or. Visual acuity.
Equipment / Tools: Calculator, personal computer, telephone, fax, and copier
PLEASE NOTE: KeyImpact Sales & Systems, Inc. reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.